Sublime Forum

How to have only an English keyboard layout in a CSS file

How to have only an English keyboard layout in a CSS file

I’ll give you an example:

1. I opened the CSS file
  2. Pressed “shift+3” or “shift+4”
  3. And I want to get the characters: “shift+3” will print: “#” and “shift+4” will print: “$”
  4. But if I have a Russian keyboard layout, I will get characters by clicking on: “shift+3” will print: “№”, and “shift+4” will print: “;”

The essence of the question:
How to make sure that there is always an English keyboard layout in the -CSS file?

How it should work:

1. I opened a CSS file with a Russian keyboard layout

2. In the CSS file: I can’t print Russian letters

3. In the CSS file: When pressing keyboard shortcuts, they work as if I have an English keyboard layout

I repeat the essence of the question:
How to make sure that there is always an English keyboard layout in the -CSS file?

============================================================================
Вопрос на русском:

Как иметь только английскую раскладку клавиатуры в файле CSS

Приведу пример:

1. Я открыл файл CSS
  2. Нажал “shift+3” или “shift+4”
  3. И я хочу получить символы: “shift+3” напечатает: “#”, а “shift+4” напечатает: “$”
  4. Но если у меня русская раскладка клавиатуры, я получу символы по нажатию на: “shift+3” напечатает: “№”, а “shift+4” напечатает: “;”

Суть вопроса:
Как сделать так чтобы всегда, в файле-CSS была английская раскладка клавиатуры?

Как должно работать:

1. Я открыл файл CSS с русской раскладкой клавиатуры

2. В файле CSS: Я не могу печать русские буквы

3. В файле CSS: При нажатии клавиатурных сокращений они работают как будто у меня английская раскладка клавиатуры

Повторю суть вопроса:
Как сделать так чтобы всегда, в файле-CSS была английская раскладка клавиатуры?

0 Likes

The keyboard layout is set at the OS level, so this isn’t something that SublimeText would be able to change, at least not directly. It may be possible to adjust the layout programmatically when the user switches to a certain file using hooks, but that would depend on the specifics of your operating system.

If you’re using macOS, there is this option available to you in System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources:

0 Likes