Sublime Forum

How to have both menu bar and themed title bar?

I know that in adaptive theme, the title bar is black. But in this case, all menu options go to the menu bar icon. But I am not talking about this. Is it possible to have menu bar back (like sublime text 3), but the title bar is only themed??? :smile:

0 Likes

yes, https://github.com/jfcherng-sublime/ST-my-settings/blob/701cabae0fca61652e7e9a5b9129e5f59d46e1b4/Packages/User/my_theme/Adaptive.sublime-theme#L143-L147

which looks like
Snipaste_2021-07-21_17-58-56

1 Like

@jfcherng Your customization overrides the color (light/dark) for the menu bar instead of using the setting from the OS theme, but doesn’t affect the title bar, no? It seems like you have your accent color (used for window title bars in general) in Windows just set to black.

I don’t think there is a way to set a custom title bar color only for the ST window, without having the menu bar removed and turned into the hamburger menu button. A custom color for the title bar requires both “fg” and “bg” to be set for "title_bar" in the theme, but then the regular menu bar is removed.

0 Likes

There is no way to do that. Apart from changing it in Personalization -> Colors for Windows. I have it set to match the main menu color (but it also affects all other Windows app)

0 Likes

No. All other Apps are having white title bar on my machine.

0 Likes

i am afraid you are using old win10?

0 Likes

It doesn’t change anything for title bar… It only changes some other things. I think you have style: dark option because you’re using windows 10, but I’m using windows 7.

0 Likes

True. It only work in new Win10. It won’t work even in Win10 1803.

0 Likes

And when I added my_theme folder in my user directory and added adaptive.sublime-theme there, sublime couldn’t even detect that theme. So, I remove my_theme folder and added adaptive.sublime-theme in my user package directory. But it still doesn’t have any effect.

0 Likes

That shouldn’t happen .

But I don’t think you have to try my method anyway, it won’t work on Win7.

0 Likes

but for some reasons, sublime is not detecting that theme…

0 Likes