Sublime Forum

How to Globally Disable Phantoms

I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post something like this, but I have been unable to find an answer to this anywhere. I want to disable phantoms globally. How can I go about doing this?

1 Like

Currently, no, as they are part of the API, and we generally don’t provide ways to disable parts of the API.

You can use the show_errors_inline setting to disable them from the exec build system. However, there isn’t a way via a setting to disable them in third-party packages. Instead, you should contact the package author and ask for a way to disable them, or not use that package.

3 Likes

They are a fantastic feature, but they do often get in the way, and I usually only want to use them in some scenarios. Small scripts with recursion have the issue where a stack overflow causes the main view to fill with phantoms, since the stack trace is the size of the function call stack.

Do you think there would be a way to write a plugin that could overwrite the sublime.Phantom class? as to essentially disable it’s methods.

Thanks.

0 Likes

These are the build phantom you can disable by setting show_errors_inline to false in your User settings.

0 Likes