Sublime Forum

How to enable bold and italic for not monospace font?

Hello,
If I understand correctly, so monospace font is that font, which have a same space between characters. I have a nice font “iA Writer Duospace” (github link this font), which sadly haven’t same spaces.

Is there any way how to enable bold and italic on my own risk? I want to see, how reflowed text looks, if is that problem for me or not. Sorry if it’s stupid question and for my bad english.

0 Likes

Italic/bold not working

currently there is no option to enable bold and italic for proportional fonts, though some people have asked for it at

0 Likes

Ups.Sorry I didn’t notice that.
Does that error (in console) have any negative impact on speed or performance of subblimetext? I want to have my ST3 superfast and without errors. Is better to have font “consolas” or that does not matter?

BTW what is your favorite font? I like the “iAa writer of duospace” because it is good readable.

0 Likes

an error in the console isn’t going to affect performance, but proportional fonts in general could be slower than monospace ones. I just stick to the default font - Ubuntu Mono on Linux and Consolas on Windows.

0 Likes