Sublime Forum

How to disable the spell/syntax/error checker red underlines?

Hello!

I’ve been using Sublime Text 3 and Sublime in general for quite some time, but after this weekend I noticed some new feature or something. I don’t remember updating anything, so that was strange.

Here’s a screenshot:

It turns most of the text red and highlights strange “errors” that I don’t need.

The above screenshot was from a .vue file and I thought that maybe the vue-syntax-highlight plugin is causing it, but it happens on HTML files as well (which are not affected by any plugin that I know of).

An invalid JavaScript syntax seems to be causing this whole mess. It doesn’t seem to happen in SCSS files, for example, even if I put some gibberish inside.

I have also set show_errors_inline to false in my sublime settings.

What is this feature and how can I disable it? It’s really annoying and provides no valuable information whatsoever.

2 Likes

Do you by any chance have the Microsoft TypeScript package installed?

1 Like

For some reason, I had the TypeScript package installed. I don’t remember installing it… Everything was fine on Friday, then I came to work today, on Monday, and I had the underline thing going on.

Anyways, I removed the package and everything is sublime again. Thank You!

0 Likes

Hey all, I’m a maintainer of the TypeScript plugin. Sorry about this. We recently tried to support editing in JavaScript files, but unfortunately due to the way that we detected file types, our plugin erroneously believed that HTML-like files should be handled as soon as a user clicked into a <script> block. If you’d like to give it another shot, the TypeScript plugin should be fixed, and no longer interfere with your files.

2 Likes

Unwanted underlines in Vue components

I got the same problem

0 Likes

Are you having the same issue in HTML files as mentioned above? The TypeScript package has been fixed and no longer exhibits this problem, so that should no longer be an issue.

Can you provide a screenshot of the problems you’re seeing?

0 Likes