Sublime Forum

How to disable coloring of css color properties - CAN NOT SEE CODE WTF!

How can I disable the coloring of code that contains css syntax properties in that actual css color?

I am using one of the factory-delivered Color Schemes - I think it is Monokai Classic - and while editing CSS files the parts of the code that contain color properties are colored in that actual color - what is extraordinary annoying with very dark text color on very dark background. To say it clearly: it is not possible any more to SEE THE CODE you want to work on.

Unfortunately there is no GUI element that might help with disabling this syntax coloring behaviour - and it is near to impossible to find anything in search engines as there is too much collateral.

How can I disable that mis-feaure?

Thanks!

0 Likes

That does sound pretty annoying. You might start checking other color schemes to see if the behavior is replicated. Is it possible that it’s a particular package you’ve installed as well? (Might check their documentation to see if that ‘feature’ is listed.)

0 Likes

Can you provide more details, such as a screenshot? From your problem description it sounds like you perhaps have installed a third party package that’s doing you favors.

For example, this is how Sublime is visualizing a simple CSS sample for me using Monokai:

0 Likes

It looks like a package named color highlighter was causing this - I do not remember actively installing that. Hmm. However, will be looking for this. And will ask the author of that thing to test his software at least with the default color schemas. hanks for your attention.

0 Likes