Sublime Forum

How to disable builtin .sublime-build on ST?

As far as I know the best way to tweak a builtin sublime-package is just using https://github.com/skuroda/PackageResourceViewer, this package allows you to override the files you want.

The problem is different if you want to get rid of some files. For instance, let’s say I want to delete the C++.sublime-build in the C++.sublime-package. One possible way to do this would be just by opening the file with a tool like 7zip and then deleting the file in the gui (this way the binary structure won’t be screwed up, header bytes of sublime-package is ‘PK’).

The above solution works, the main problem by doing so is you need to backup the file manually in case something goes wrong. So my question would be, is there a better way to do this?

Summing up, the main goal of this thread would be figuring out how to disable certain builtin .sublime-build files so I can use my custom ones.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

It seems there is already a topic which talks about it on github. Said otherwise, it seems on current versions of ST you can’t delete stuff safely from a builtin packages and still guarantee the next ST update won’t override your tweaked builtin packages with deleted content.

0 Likes

To disable snippets I don’t like in the stock JavaScript package, I create separate blank (0 byte) files that shadow them.

e.g. In the same location where my User package is, I create a JavaScript directory which contains an empty file called if.sublime-snippet

0 Likes