Sublime Forum

How to disable built-in Python autocompletion?

Hi,

I use EasyClangComplete for C++ auto-completion in Sublime. The project I’m in also has a bunch of Python files with symbols of similar names. I’d like to disable the built-in auto-completion and have hover-over definitions only populated with the EasyClangComplete data. What seems to happen is that EasyClangComplete will produce results and its UI will be overridden with the built-it tags results.

Is this possible?

0 Likes

The built-in goto definition popup might be disabled by setting "show_definitions": false in the C++ syntax specific settings.

The built-in syntax definition of python includes some indexed variables. They will be available globally no matter of file you are working in. But by default auto-completion does not include symbols from global index.

0 Likes

Is there a solution to this in 2020? The top suggestion in autocomplete seems to be ST3’s built-in autocomplete (symbol type is abc in the popup) which overrides my LSP suggestions. It is only slightly annoying as it means I have to hit the down arrow usually once to highlight the suggestion provided by LSP, but it would be good if there was a way to disable this.

0 Likes