Sublime Forum

How to completely disable a built-in language in ST3?

I use the Rust Enhanced plugin for setting up a build system. However, the built-in Rust syntax of Sublime Text conflicts with the plugin (see here: https://github.com/rust-lang/sublime-rust/issues/174). I want to completely disable the Sublime built-in “Rust” plugin. Even when I set the syntax highlighting to “Rust Enhanced”, the built-in Rust package still messes with the build system, there does not seem to be a way to shut it off. On some files, it works, on some others it does not - if I select the “Open with current extension as Rust Enhanced”, it sometimes works, sometimes does not. Because of this reason, I want to completely remove the “Rust” option from the syntax list, completely remove everything related to this Sublime-built-in plugin. It seems to not only do syntax highlighting, it also does other things like controlling the build system, and that’s where it gets annyoing.

I tried the “ignored_packages”, but I don’t know what to put there, since it is a “package” that comes with ST. Switching to a different syntax highlighting that uses the same file extension for identifying a language is highly problematic - sometimes Sublime chooses the external plugin, sometimes the default one.

How can I completely remove the build-in language (so that it is not visible in the “open file with current extension as” menu)? As if Sublime never had any support for “.rs” files. Thanks.

1 Like

{
    "ignored_packages": ["Rust"]
}
2 Likes

Thanks @wbond, solved it by removing the /Packages/Rust.sublime-package. Sorry for posting.

0 Likes

Sublime Text will reinstall that package the next time a new version of Sublime Text is installed. The ignored_packages setting is the correct answer.

3 Likes