Sublime Forum

How To Change Selected Text color in Sunburst

So in the menus ST2 says my theme is set to Sunburst. In my user settings its set to Soda-dark. I don’t understand why two themes but it mostly works. In my User directory I have a copy of Soda Dark.sublime-theme and changing settings in there works great.
Except - some things are defined further back in the chain - color of selected text styled in

Color Scheme - Default/Sunburst.tmTheme

which is in XML not json. Changing stuff in there works but its a bad place to change it - changes that need to survive upgrades ought IMHO to be in User. Changing a copy of that file in User doesn’t seem to work.

What’s the process here, how can I go about editing this XML file without my edits being destroyed on upgrade - do I have to give it a name of a particular form in User ? Do I have to process it somehow to convert it from xml to json ? Love this editor but a bit lost on how its architecture works - where and how is the xml processed and that sort of thing - documentation isn’t polished yet AFAI can see. My guess would be the XML becomes settings that are then possibly modified by json style settings but just a guess.

Please advise.

andy

0 Likes

First of all:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8288&p=34505&hilit=theme+colorscheme#p34505

To make changes to your colorscheme, duplicate the colorscheme in Color Scheme - Default and name it whatever you want. You’ll have to rename it within the colorscheme file as well. The Colorscheme folder doesn’t get overridden; the default colorschemes do occasionally (although, I think Jon only modifies the monokai theme) so your custom colorscheme will be fine. However, you could just make a new folder called Color Scheme - User/ if you want. It doesn’t matter where it is so much as you make the change in the User Settings folder.

0 Likes

Thanks John,

What are the cache files matching the names of the xml files in Color Scheme - Default ?

andy

0 Likes