Sublime Forum

How to build&run maven projects?

Hi guys,

It’s been more than 10 years than I haven’t coded any java stuff… today I’ve found this interesting project and I thought it’d be fun to give it a shot. First thing I’ve done was downloading the java jdk, apache maven, set JAVA_HOME and then just using cygwin to check the next commands:

mvn clean test
./build.sh languagetool-standalone package -DskipTests
./build.sh languagetool-wikipedia package -DskipTests
./build.sh languagetool-office-extension package -DskipTests

Alright, so far so good, the project is built succesfully by doing so. What’s next? Obviously trying to run the whole
thing on ST, so after googling a bit I’ve found there was sublimemaven ST2 plugin but unfortunately wouldn’t work properly on ST3, fair enough.

The next thing I’ve tried was this little generic maven.sublime-build and it seems to be quite handy i guess, it uses $file (pom.xml are project files, right?) to spawn some maven generic commands, still… not very useful.

So my question for you Java ST windows coders would be… what’s a good way to build&run these maven projects while editing their java project files so my iteration times testing the thing will be as fast as possible?

Any other suggestions in order to optimize the workflow will be well received, thanks in advance \o

0 Likes