Sublime Forum

How do you use a package like Grails?

Hi,

I just purchased Sublime Text 2, because I’ve seen many examples of people using it for Grails development. I’ve been using Ultra Edit/UEStudio, up to now, and Intellij as the IDE.

ST seems convenient and interesting. And I understand what packages are. But I’m not clear on how to actually use them.

I have the Grails package installed, and the root folder for a Grails project open. But I don’t understand how to you make the Grails package active.

Can someone forward a link that explains how to use a package, rather than how to install or create one? If anyone knows specifically how to use the Grails package, some tips would be helpful.

Thanks, if you can help. Otherwise, thanks for reading.

0 Likes

Usually package provide information on how to use them in their readme. The reason is that packages can have many different usages and it would be impossible to provide a general “how to use package x” guide. Unfortunately, the Grails package is missing that.

I took a look at the source code and it appears that the package attempts to set the appropriate syntax for any .groovy file you open, but this does not function properly on Windows because of faulty code. After that, appropriate completions and snippets will be active.

So, are you on Windows?

I created an issue for this: https://github.com/osoco/sublimetext-grails/issues/17

1 Like

That’s correct, thanks Fichte.

0 Likes

@stLearner the issue has been addressed by the package author. You should be able to use this package after the next update. Additionally, a Usage section has been added.

1 Like

Thanks, FichteFoll

0 Likes