Sublime Forum

How do I revert the UI font to Sublime Text 2?

I’ve just upgraded to ST3 (OS X 10.11.6) and noticed that the UI font has been changed. The new font is smaller than the old one, so I’d like to change it back. Is that possible?

1 Like

You can create a Default.sublime-theme file in your User dir with overrides for the default theme. You can use the package resource viewer package to have a look at what’s in the default installed packages and theme files.

So if you put something like

[{
        "class": "sidebar_label",
        "font.size": 13
}]

in that Default.sublime-theme, it would set the sidebar labels to 13px instead of the default 12px.

1 Like

Thank you! Looking into Default.sublime-theme using PackageResourceViewer provided a lot of insight.

Now another question. What was the font.face in Sublime Text 2? I understand, in ST3 it’s “San Francisco”, but what about ST2?

0 Likes

The font started looking a tad unreadable today (update3143). After trying to find the old one I settled for:

{
    "class": "sidebar_label",
    "fg": [32, 32, 32],
    "font.size": 13,
    "font.face": "Verdana"
},

EDIT: Windows users may also want to improve readability by adding this to their settings (Preferences.sublime-settings)

"theme_font_options": ["gdi"]
2 Likes

It would probably have been Lucida Grande. It’s still available on macOS but no longer the default UI font.

0 Likes