Sublime Forum

How do I know what font_face to use? (on a Mac if this makes a difference)

I installed mononoki Nerd Font.

In Font Book/Microsoft Word/Textedit (which is like a macOS Wordpad equivalent), the font is called “mononoki Nerd Font Complete Mono”.

I changed my config to use this font

"font_face": "mononoki Nerd Font Complete Mono"

and no change on my display. The display looks the same with and without the line above.

Thanks.

0 Likes

"font_face": "mononoki Nerd Font Mono Regular",

That will work.

On a Mac, use Font Book to find the name of the font that the OS will understand. Copy the name from Font Book and type into the Sublime Preferences .json file.

macosxguru

1 Like

got this in my console: font face “mononoki Nerd Font Complete Mono Regular” could not be found, defaulting to “Menlo”

0 Likes

How did you install the font?
You are also using the wrong name.
Get rid of the word “Complete”

macosxguru

1 Like

same error: font face “mononoki Nerd Font Mono Regular” could not be found, defaulting to “Menlo”

I installed the font via home-brew. I can use/select the font inside MS Word, Intelli J, Terminal and Textedit.

0 Likes

Interesting.

For the time being, go to https://www.nerdfonts.com/font-downloads. Download the font you need. Unzip the downloaded zip file and take the whole unzipped font folder and put it in your User>Library>Fonts folder.

They will be available then.

Check whether the fonts already exist in the User>Library>Fonts folder. If they do, launch Font Book and check whether they show up in the Fixed Width section. See that the name of the font is what you are using. If all of these are correct, then I am stumped along with you.

macosxguru

0 Likes

So, I did the cask brew install and it installed the fonts in my Users/Library/Fonts folder. But strangely it installed two sets of fonts:

mononoki-Regular Nerd Font Complete
mononoki-Regular Nerd Font Complete Mono

I don’t know what the difference is between these two fonts.

Font Book shows them with different names:
mononoki Nerd Font Regular, &,
mononoki Nerd Font Mono Regular

Using either works in my copy of Sublime Text.

macosxguru

0 Likes

I don’t know what the difference is between these two fonts.

“Mono” implies that one is mono-spaced (ie. every character is the same width) and the other is not.

0 Likes

Thanks. I missed the obvious there.

macosxguru

0 Likes