Sublime Forum

How do I get to a free text-editor

Hi, I’m new here and was recommended here by my bootcamp instructor. How do I get a free version of text-editor/ I will purchase after a trial. I’m using windows.

0 Likes

Just go to the download page. Only the dev builds require to have a license and it has an unlimited trial.

0 Likes

I downloaded it and it still doesn’t give me access to text editor.

0 Likes

I think I was finally able to access it. It says unregistered. Is it because its a free version?

0 Likes

It says unregistered, because you didn’t enter a license key. If you buy the editor you will get an email with a license key, which you can enter in the entry *Help > Enter License. Until then that popup will apear from time to time, but you can just click OK and continue.

0 Likes

I’m able to write my code, but there is no output window to see my work. How do I access that portion. I’m sorry first time doing this on Sublime.

0 Likes

Sublime Text is no IDE and you will need to install and setup the corresponding compiler, but then you can press ctrl+b to execute the code.

0 Likes

Yes thank you I just figured that out. It’s like notepad. Thank you for your help. :wink:

0 Likes