Sublime Forum

How do I disable updates in ST4?

#1

I have update_check already set to false but it keeps prompting me to download the latest version.

0 Likes

#2

Disabling automatic update checks via update_check: false requires a valid license.

3 Likes

#3

This is a great advertisement for N++.

Offer features that are worth paying of instead of extorting potential customers through annoyance.

Bye.

0 Likes

#4

As deathaxe said, update_check: false is only honoured on a licensed copy. If you just need the “Update Available” window out of the way on a throwaway test copy (I run old portable builds to test packages), this small Windows PowerShell script closes it: https://gist.github.com/dpc00/6ac0f7fcc3d3f7d2ae0031de99bb6bb6

It only sends a normal close message to that window of one chosen Sublime Text process. It doesn’t stop the check or unlock anything. If you use Sublime Text regularly, a licence is the real fix.

0 Likes

#5

Allow setting update_check: false for all users or I’ll publicly provide workaround for it and license check dialogs for any version.

This is just a warning, you have one week to comply from today

Adobe will go down, and small, conceited people too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88sARuFu-tc

0 Likes