Sublime Forum

How can I show inline errors for a different build system?

Normally, when I build with Python, any errors have a nice red bar underneath them. However, when I build with SublimeInput, I don’t get these red bars. In settings, show_inline_errors is true. How can I enable these for SublimeInput?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Unfortunately you will need to raise an issue with the developer of SublimeInput to add the ability to do this.

Inline errors are powered by the system that captures the output of builds to allow you to navigate between error messages. Normally that would be the exec command from the Default package in conjunction with some build system options that tell Sublime how to recognize messages that indicate where errors are located.

The SublimeInput package doesn’t use a build system in order to execute the program. Additionally the command that it implements that does run your program for you is a copy of the exec command that doesn’t include the extra functionality for powering inline errors at all.

Thus in order to support this the command in the package would need to be enhanced to replicate what the exec command is doing. Also the configuration would need to include extra settings to tell it how the different languages recognize errors.

2 Likes