Sublime Forum

How can I pass modifier_keys from a ListInputHandler to the command that uses the list input?

Hi,

How can I pass modifier_keys from a ListInputHandler to the command that uses the ListInputHandler?

Here is my structure:

1. I have a ListInputHandler subclass called JobInputHandler. The class receives an event dict for the validate and confirm method (want_event method returns True. In the validate and confirm method, I can check whether any modifier keys where pressed when the user selected an item in the list.

2. I have a WindowCommand called TestCommand that returns JobInputHandler from the input() method. So the user will be prompted for an input before the command is run.

My question: In the run() method of TestCommand, I would like to know whether the item in JobInputHandler was selected with a modifier keys. What is the best way to pass the modifier keys from the ListInputHandler to the WindowCommand that uses the ListInputHandler as input?

Thanks!

0 Likes

When it comes to passing information between chained input handlers or from the triggering command to the hander, it’s easy as you simple pass any data and intialize it in __init__. When it comes to passing some different data from the handler back to the command, I don’t see a clean way of doing it other than to maintain some global plugin state (via a global variable) and then using it.

But maybe the package/plugin experts can correct me.

0 Likes