Sublime Forum

How can I have Auto Indent?

Hi,

I get auto indent when I press F1 with this key binding:
{"keys": ["f1"], "command": "reindent", "args": {"single_line": false}},

But I need this again & again; how can I have it worked out automatically without hitting any key?

0 Likes

Auto Align (Symbolic)

You can create this plugin called auto_indent_always.py on your Packages/User folder:

import sublime_plugin

class AlwaysAutoIndent(sublime_plugin.EventListener):

def on_modified_async(self, view):
		view.run_command( "reindent", {"single_line": False} )
2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Is it possible to target specific .css files and indent only for “:” symbol?

0 Likes

Yes. Play around with view.settings().get(“syntax”) and with view.substr(view.sel()[0].begin() - 1).

0 Likes

Please check… Tried this in settings; not working:

0 Likes

The text that @rwols provided isn’t a direct setting, so adding it to a settings file isn’t going to do anything.

The part with view.settings().get("syntax") is how you can programmatically ask a file what syntax it’s using; you can compare the result of that file with the name of the CSS syntax to determine if a file is CSS or not.

Similarly, view.substr(view.sel()[0].begin()-1) is sample plugin code for extracting the character just before the cursor in the current file; you can compare the result of that to see if the cursor is just after a colon to know if the plugin should indent or not.

In order to use either of those, you or someone else will have to modify the sample plugin that @addons_zz provided to allow it to only trigger in the cases that you want instead of all the time.

0 Likes