Sublime Forum

How can I fix this "WARNING" that pops up on my new sublime projects?

I have no idea how this started, or how to debug this ?

Every time I start a new project now, my sublime console , pops up

WARNING: flow cannot locate 'flow'

Even when I exit the console, when I go to a new page it pops up again, and it is really hard to code with this constant pop up message.

How can I figure out how to fix this and what is causing this, because this WARNING pop up is happening on any new project I make now?

0 Likes

That’s not something Sublime is doing on it’s own. Do you know what flow the message might be related to?

Your best bet is to look through the list of packages that you’ve installed to see if one of them rings a bell about being flow related or if you remember installing it around the time that the error message started. Perhaps it’s related to a package you had installed that recently updated.

Failing that you can do something like adding all of your user installed packages to the list of ignored packages, then slowly un-ignore them and test to see when the error comes up again to narrow down the one that’s displaying the message.

1 Like

I have disabled and enabled packages and have figured out the package that is causing this error is SublimeLinter … but I dont know why ?

0 Likes

I don’t use that package but I know that it recently went to version 4 and has made a lot of changes to how it works in order to clean up a lot of old crufty behaviour. Part of that is the configuration for things changing, so what used to work before may not work any longer without changing things.

1 Like

Yea, I think this WARNING pop up issue started after an update they sent to there package… I just submitted this question to them on there GitHub repo, hopefully they can help me figure this out. This is odd though, because I see that no one else has posted this issue on there repo and I had no settings in my SublimeLinter user-settings, so its not like I changed something, so I don’t understand where the conflict is coming from ?

0 Likes

flow sounds like the JavaScript type checking system. It has to be a SublimeLinter plugin with the issue, rather than the core.

0 Likes

I have disabled all of my linter packages though ?
These where the other packages I have disabled…

"SublimeLinter-eslint",
		"SublimeLinter-flow",
		"SublimeLinter-html-tidy",

and its only when I disabled the core SublimeLinter that I saw this WARNING pop up disappear, so should that mean that it must be the core plugin ? … because when the pop up was still happening with the above packages disabled, but the pop up stopped when I disabled SublimeLinter…

0 Likes

My guess is that you have SublimeLinter configured to use SublimeLinter-flow for JavaScript, and when it’s disabled the main SublimeLinter package can’t find it.

Right now, it doesn’t seem that SublimeLinter has a good system for determining whether a given view (such as, for instance, a new unsaved view that’s not part of a project) can actually be linted (e.g. has a valid .eslintrc file somewhere). This causes the console to pop up annoying warnings.

Error loading syntax file “Packages/SublimeLinter/panel/panel.sublime-syntax”: Unable to read Packages/SublimeLinter/panel/panel.sublime-syntax

I think that this would occur if there’s still a linter output panel using that syntax when you disable SublimeLinter.

0 Likes

I actually deleted that post because I ended up finding this (https://github.com/SublimeLinter/SublimeLinter/issues/1122) which suggest that this is expected behavior when disabling that plugin.

and when you said "SublimeLinter configured to use SublimeLinter-flow " , that cant be right, because I have SublimeLinter active and have SublimeLinter-flow disabled and still get the Error pop up… its only when I have SublimeLinter disabled that the error pop up leaves. I also have no custom user settings on SublimeLinter.

0 Likes

Have you restarted Sublime since disabling the flow linter?

0 Likes

I did not , I will restart it now and check…

I have a question, I saw a package called "SummitLinter", , I do not remember installing that but maybe I installed that a long time ago, is that package a core package from sublime, or is that something that is safe to delete ?

0 Likes

It’s a SublimeLinter plugin for some Lue framework.

0 Likes

I think you are right. After I restarted sublime that Flow WARNING is gone, but none of my errors are highlighted anymore, so no Linting is being done so something is off.

So currently I have these packages disabled …

"SublimeLinter-eslint",
		"SublimeLinter-flow",

Do you know if SublimeLinter-eslint NEEDS to be installed or can SublimeLinter do everything on its own?

0 Likes

SublimeLinter doesn’t actually do any linting. It’s a framework for all the other packages to use. You do need those other packages if you want to take advantage of the linting they provide.

2 Likes

Ohh now I understand why you where certain it was likely not the core package :slight_smile:

0 Likes

So I enabled SublimeLinter-eslint" and did another restart of Sublime. So now errors are highlighting with the linter correctly, and no Flow Warning pop up happened.
I only have these packages disabled, so now I am sure the error is with SublimeLinter-flow…

"SublimeLinter-flow",

I guess when I need Flow and need to enable that package, then I will try to debug that SublimeLinter-flow package issue.
There are a lot of bugs with the new SublimeLinter4 update so hopefully they push fixes soon.
Thank you so so much for telling me to Restart after I disable a package and helping me understand that SublimeLinter was just a framework and the other packages where the ones that where add ons to it that did stuff lol Thank you for helping me I really appreciate it.

0 Likes