Sublime Forum

History pane appearance

Is it possible to make the history pane more space efficient, or configurable? I’d love to have one item per line, like gitx:

Congratulations anyway! Sublime Merge is pretty nice and I’m going to buy a license.

0 Likes

No, it isn’t configurable. We played around with a number of options during development and came up with the current version. It will condense various elements as the commit list gets narrower, but there isn’t a way to get the graph, author, annotations, commit message and time all on one line.

0 Likes

I appreciate that you have tried various things and come up with what works best, but I hope you will consider this.

For some repos, I am the only developer.
In this case, I don’t need to see the author, and I don’t really care about the time.
Just the commit message left and branch names right would be great.

0 Likes

I agree with Adamarla, it would be nice if one could toggle the author name, commit date and file count badge, too.
Sometimes it is useful to have a bird’s-eye view of the commit history.

0 Likes

I agree, it would be helpful to configure the pane so that the history occupies less vertical space. I find myself switching to another tool when I want to see more than a dozen commits.

0 Likes

Hi there!

Some news about this topic? I’d like to have only one per commit (as Sourcetree does e.g.). The author and other info could be shown after clicking over a commit, but to be able to see a quick compact tree view would be awesome.

Are you thinking about developing that feature?

Regards.

0 Likes

Some news about this topic?

0 Likes