Sublime Forum

Hint the next selectable word when using CMD+D

I’d like to see a new hinting feature for when I do a multi-select, using CMD+D. I wan’t to be able to see what the next selectable word or phrase is.

So in example, below, in bold are the words I’ve selected by first selecting the first Foo manually and then using CMD+D to select the following Foo. And then, the next available Foo is highlighted in italic. So if i continue with another CMD+D, I know this is the next Foo that will be included in my selection.

Foo
Bar
Foo
Bar
Bar
Foo

It’s often I find myself using CMD+D and overshoot it, and jump to a part of the document I was not intending to edit, then having to redo the selection.

0 Likes

This should work out of the box; first Foo was manually selected, then ctrl+d to select the second one. In fact as soon as the first one is selected, the other two immediately highlight.

If you’re not seeing that, you might want to try in Safe Mode and see if it works there.

That said, if you overshoot, soft undo (ctrl+u by default, but check Edit > Undo Selection to see your configured key) will undo the selection to take you back.

0 Likes

Hey, it actually does work. At least when I try your example.

However, it seems to not work as intended in a common use case of mine, when there is $ sign included. Could this be a bug?

0 Likes

You are right. It seems highlighting match fails, if the highlighted text contains special symbols.

0 Likes