Sublime Forum

Highlighting extra brackets

Hi,

Today , I ran into a co-worker who is using Brackets for his day-to-day work. There was a problem in the code merge . I am on ST. While he could immediately realize where the error was (his brackets showed the exact location where there was an extra “}” in red, my ST (with bracket highlighter plugin turned on full throttle) could only do “?” in the gutter at some random place. Now this was a very lengthy file and I could no way figure out where the error existed. Is there a way I can do the same thing in ST ?

I believe ST is meant to a General Purpose Editor quite unlike Brackets, but isn’t brackets matching a general purpose feature ?

0 Likes

You might try BracketGuard. This isn’t an endorsement as I don’t use it myself, but some colleagues use it with positive results. It’s specifically designed to find errors, where Bracket Highlighter is designed more for indicating bracket groups in a flexible way and not specifically for identifying errors particularly in complex code structures.

Give it a try!

:slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

This can be part of the syntax definition, some like C/C++ already support that: you can try posting a bug report on the official GitHub repo, indicating which language you are talking about and hopefully someone will add support for this.

0 Likes