Sublime Forum

Highlight other occurrences drawing bug still present in 3120

The “highlight other occurrences drawing bug” introduced in 3110 is still present in 3120. I’ve managed to consistently reproduce it in a clean environment (no packages, no settings, fresh install), and recorded it (Repro video: https://youtu.be/Wm93O3t9Hoc). Things I’ve noticed:

• When the minimap is visible, I could not repro. Unlike in the original report, which seems to show an open minimap.
  • Scrolling horizontally or switching tabs fixes the viewable area, but not the entire window.
  • If you scroll down far enough beyond a region with missing highlights, and then scroll back up, the missing highlights are drawn. So the bug only happens when you’re scrolling down, or only scrolling up by a little bit.
  • I’ve tried enabling and disabling gpu_window_buffer, but the result is the same.
  • I’m also able to repro (but in a different area) when Sublime in a Cinema Display connected to the same laptop. I’m thinking it’s resolution dependent.

My setup:

• MacBook Pro Retina 13" Early 2015
  • OS X 10.11.6
  • Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

0 Likes

With your retina display, are you running at “Default” (i.e. doubled res), or do you have it set to “More Space”?

0 Likes

I can repro with “Default” and “More Space”. The video and the screenshot were taken at “Default”.

0 Likes

Ok, great, I’ve just reproduced the issue

1 Like

I can confirm that the issue is still present in 3122.

0 Likes

That is correct, I have not addressed this yet.

0 Likes

Checking in on this… I can confirm that it’s still in 3129.

0 Likes

Yes, I looked a little, but it didn’t seem obvious what was going on. For right now it is lower priority than some of the other fixes and features, but I should definitely get to it eventually.

0 Likes

I can confirm that this doesn’t repro anymore in 3153, 3154, 3155 and 3156 (the latest release as of this comment). 3152 was the last build with this bug.

0 Likes