Sublime Forum

High CPU on Win10 when an excluded directory has a lot of file create/write/deletes

I’m seeing sublime take 30+% of my 8 thread machine when an asset build step is doing a lot of file create/write/delete cycles.

It’s possible it’s related to this: High CPU and Memory Usage (Sublime 3 PC/Windows 10) . However, I do have “index_files”: false in my project and user settings to see if that will avoid the overhead.

I suspect it’s running every file from a ReadDirectoryChanges trying to run each entry through the exclude patterns (there are 4 directories and 6 file patters). The only hint I have to what’s going on is the ignored parent directory keeps showing up as a file handle in process explorer. E.g. say A\B\C\file is getting created/deleted, A is included, B is in the excluded folder list. Is there any way to disable that to see if that’s what’s going on?

I’d love to get this fixed. I have to close sublime text while builds are happening right now. :frowning:

Thanks,
Adrian

0 Likes

Also if I had symbols I could post callstacks from the threads doing the most work in process explorer. Are those available anywhere?

Thanks,
Adrian

0 Likes