Sublime Forum

Hi Sublime family! Looking for directions/help to time/date stamp

I am new. I need a way to date/time stamp in Sublime. I need directions for that as well since Im a server admin and dont know much about coding.
Thank you so much for having me!
Mark

0 Likes

Hi,
If I may suggest plugins, there is a site: PackageControl.io that offers plugins for Sublime Text.

You will have to Follow installation instructions and from there you can browse it online for plugins and install them right from Sublime Text using the command pallette (ctrl+shift+p)

To answer the timestamp question I would use one of the following plugins from that site:

I listed them in no particular order except for the first one which I believe to be the most complete as it allows for date stamps, time stamps, datetime stamps, and lets you specify your wanted format in your settings.

I hope this helps you.

0 Likes

As the developer of InsertDate, I’d like to mention that it supports all of the mentioned features as well, including a bindable command, a quick panel with configurable presets, is timezone-aware and also has a custom input panel in case the presets don’t satisfy a specific need.

0 Likes

thank you guys. Is there any way you can provide Windows 10 step by step instructions for this?
Mark

0 Likes

Well in my previous post the “Follow installation instructions” link will tell you to use the Sublime Text’s console to paste in a command that will set you up with package management.

Now say you want to take @FichteFoll’s package InsertDate you will from within Sublime Text use the command pallette (ctrl+shift+p) and start typing something like ‘pack inst’ until you see ‘Package Control: Install Package’ and select that. It will then ask you for package name which is ‘InsertDate’. It will list it for you as you type the name and it will install for you.

Afterwards you will have to read the package’s documentation from the link I provided in order to learn how to use the package and possibly change the default settings to your desired behavior.

All the instructions were already provided from the links I put up in my earlier message. I strongly encourage you to go through the links provided as they provide a lot more information.

1 Like