Sublime Forum

Help understanding the Switch Project menu

I am having difficulty understanding the “Switch project in Window” dialog.

I have created two projects, and opened both of them. I can use the “Window” menu to give focus to one or other of the projects, and both projects are listed in Projects > Recent Projects.

However, when I open the “Switch project in Window” dialog (option+Command+p on Mac) it shows only the currently focussed project.

I would expect it to show me a list of all projects that I’ve created in Sublime? Am I misunderstanding how “Switch project in Window” is supposed to function?

ST2 build 2181, OSX, registered

0 Likes

Lets say you’re working on project X for a company. And project Y for another company. You spend the day working on project x. Then you open up Sublime the next day and want to work on Project Y; however, because Sublime Text has hot-exit turned on, Project X is still open. So you open up the project switcher and select Project Y. The contents of the open window will be replaced with Project Y. The Project Switcher is used for replacing the contents of the open window with a different project. So if you have two different projects open, it won’t switch between them. It behaves more like an “Open Recent Projects…” menu.

0 Likes

Oh - gotcha! So it’s not for switching between open projects, it’s for opening recent projects. I closed one of my projects and now it’s working the way I expected.

Cheers for clearing that up :smile:

0 Likes