Sublime Forum

Help regarding theme developement

I was experimenting with my theme (NOT color-scheme) creation skills lately. For the most parts (here talking about The Autocomplete, The Sidebar, Control Panel), I achieved what I needed with the help of Themes Docs and default theme. Now, this is where I got stuck.

:arrow_left: Left: My custom theme, Right :arrow_right:: Material Facebook Theme

I tried tab_control, tabset_control etc, but I cant go ahead than that of the left image.
How can I achieve the same effect as in the right side of the image.

Simply put, I don’t want my theme tabs look like Google-Chromy, but would love to have those that of like Firefox-Quatumy.

0 Likes

presumably just removing the layer0.texture, layer1.texture and layer2.texture on the tab_control (by setting them to null) is enough to flatten the tabs? or using different textures and content margins.

0 Likes

Your suggestion worked like charm! Thanks for that.

With your solution I came until:

I just had to add the last two lines "layer3.texture": null, and "layer3.opacity": 0, and it worked like a charm!

Code:

{
    "class": "tab_control",
    "layer0.texture": null,
    "layer1.texture": null,
    "layer2.texture": null,
    "layer3.texture": null,
    "layer3.opacity": 0,
},

Here is the outcome:

Many many thanks for getting me closer to the ultimate solution. This is pumping up my enthusiasm for roaming in theme development area. Thanks again for that!
:pray:

0 Likes