Sublime Forum

Help Me Create this Theme

I’m a textmate convert, and I’ve been trying to make a customized theme. However NONE of the online theme generators allow me to theme CSS, rather they only let me view HTML.

please help me. I really hate the way preferences work, it doesn’t allow anyone without coding experience to change any settings… (i write css/html for apple)

I use stylus/css and do not want {} ; : , = > < to stand out in color, the image below show on the (LEFT) current style, and RIGHT, the style I want to have it look like.

Is it possible? Can you help me?

CURRENT STYLE

WHAT I WANT IT TO BE LIKE (Sexy right?)

email me at kizer@me.com if you can help

0 Likes

CSS syntax improvements

Just so you know, Sublime Text supports Textmate themes.

I don’t know if I completely understand what you want. Are you trying to reproduce the 2nd result?

0 Likes

I’m trying to reproduce the 2nd picture which I mocked up in image editor.

I’m familar with textmate themes, however I’ve yet to find a theme I can modify so that just the selectors and expressions are in a very light color…

If somebody is willing to use the reference image and work with me to create a theme I’ll give you/whomever $50.

Cheers,
Court Kizer
kizer@me.com

0 Likes

$50? I’ll do it, but that is a lot for such a simple process.

What color codes are you looking to use?

0 Likes

A quick fix (possibly) is to open your .tmTheme file and add the following section:

<dict> <key>name</key> <string>CSS separators</string> <key>scope</key> <string>source.css</string> <key>settings</key> <dict> <key>foreground</key> <string>#000000</string> </dict> </dict>
I also tried with ‘source.css punctuation’ bit it didn’t hide nearly as much. Basically, anything that’s not precisely matched - such as a property or value, number - will disappear.

But change the colour-number #000000 if you still want to see “something”.

0 Likes

done.

cl.ly/0w230S1S2g1h2y1L2g2c

0 Likes

Wesily:

Thanks! I’ll give you $50 on Thursday (payday!). I don’t use paypal.

Do you want to use squareup.com? (they make the square card reader), and don’t make you wait 3 days to verify account, and you’ll have your money in your bank account day after I pay.

• How can I change my font? I already have stuff in my settings file, and anytime I paste the line to change my font, I don’t know how to place it in the existing bracket structure (parse error)
• Is there a way for me to highlight the current selected row (where my insert cursor is) like I did in my screenshot?

Why do class and style equal sign not go dark?

Cheers!

0 Likes

I made some changes, if anyone wants to use it, it’s pretty nice now.
How can I fix colors so the # sign when attached to colors shows in the blue/purple?

Is it possible to set this only for css, less, stylus?

theme download:
kzr.me/2x1H3U25243I2B1a3t2Y

Screenshot

0 Likes

thanks but $50 is too much for a little theme that I did in 10 minutes (also, I don’t use squareup), you can have it for free :smile:

to change the font and enable the line highlight, open your preferences file (cmd + ,) and add this inside the main curly brackets:

"font_face": "yourfontname",
"highlight_line": true

I’ll take a look to see if I can change this :smile:

0 Likes

My “quick fix” version hides the closing (css) curly bracket :smile:

0 Likes