Sublime Forum

Help filtering a list of names using sublime

Hello everyone
I used to use sublime to filter a list of names.
for example if my list is:

jacob1243
mark3df4
josh453
mike4543

and i want to filter the list to find names that include the words “jacob” or “mark” then what i used to do was click edit and then permute all lines to unique. and then i would make a list of the names i am searching for and separate them with |. In this case it would be Jacob|Mark . I think click control F, click find all, and then control L, and it would select all the names which include the words i am searching for.

this no longer works for me for some reason. Is there a step i am forgetting? or is there something new i am unaware about? would really appreciate any help with this, thanks

0 Likes

Probably you’re not using regex search. You may also want to sort before permuting unique lines.

0 Likes

thanks so much for the quick response, i am quite new to this and these terms dont really make sense to me, do you mind explaining to me how i can do that? thanks in advance

0 Likes

Regular expressions are the feature that makes | work as you want it to, it’s the left-mode button in the find bar. Edit > Sort Lines is the second suggestion I made.

0 Likes