Sublime Forum

Help! Can't export Sublime 2 Macros to Sublime 3?

I would love to use Sublime 3 but still on Sublime 2 after many years because I have a few macros I’d rather not re-record…in fact I’d probably not know how to, it was a real headscratch to do them.

BUT there seems to be no way to export macros?

They are there in Tools > Macros, looked in the Application Support (I’m on OSX) and can’t find anything that looks likely, not in Settings, nowhere. There is something in the documents about some mysterious ‘Macro Buffer’ but I have recorded several macros, that seems to be just one? No idea where I saved them if I did and ST2 won’t tell me where they are stored. Even looked in the Package Contents of the app, nothing there looks likely. Searches in Finder brings a blank on ‘macros’ ‘.sublime.macro’ etc.

Why is transitioning from ST2 to 3 so hard? I shouldn’t need a degree in Sublime to work it out!

0 Likes

The XML and User menu items in the screenshot represent the packages, the macros are located in. If you don’t see them, but only the macro name, they might most likely be located in the User package as it is the default location to save macros to.

grafik

You should be able to navigate to your Packages folder by Main Menu > Preferences > Browse Packages …

You should be able to find <Macro Name>.sublime-macro files in one of the packages (most likely User).

0 Likes

Yay! Thanks for that, they were in User…realised today I had Spotlight turned off, so my searches for sublime-macro were in vain. Doh.

For anyone else having this issue - I copied the .sublime-macro files from /User/yourusername/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/User to the same place in /Application Support/Sublime Text 3/…

Then opened ST3 and they were there!

I did look around but didn’t realise that packages were a User settings as well. Was thinking more downloaded apps or plugins…

0 Likes