Sublime Forum

Hard Visibility of Progress Bar/Status

The progress and status (especially) of a long-running tasks is hard to see. The progress bar is small and some kind of “Success” notification is missing. Some colleagues have a very hard time using this program just because the visual feedback is subtle or missing. Please add “Success” notifications and improve visibility of the progress bar.

1 Like

Hi @fdr,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us! We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the interface, and we really appreciate feedback like this. I’ll be sharing this with our teams for discussion.

Thanks,
- Dylan

1 Like

Hi @djohnston,

thank you for your reply. I think that there are ways to improve this without much change and without negatively impacting the overall beauty of the UI. Also consider that users might be older and with (slightly) impaired vision. The worst thing I noted is when users are not “synchronous” to the application anymore and start doing things that should not be done while git is executing.

0 Likes

I think that the new feature for giving a notice for successful command execution solves this problem. Thanks!

1 Like

I noted that for very long status messages with changes in many files that Sublime might crash (at least on Windows).

0 Likes

If you can confirm that, you should create a bug report for it: https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_merge/issues.

2 Likes