Sublime Forum

GVariant error when running sublime text inside flatpak

I am trying to package sublime text as a Flatpak package. I am able to install it successfully using this configuration but then when I go to run the app inside the flatpak sandbox I get the following error

(sublime_text:3): GLib-CRITICAL **: the GVariant format string '(u)' has a type of '(u)' but the given value has a type of '(s)'

(sublime_text:3): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_get: assertion 'valid_format_string (format_string, TRUE, value)' failed

and the app doesn’t open. What’s odd is that if I execute the installed binary directly, it works fine, but trying to run it in the flatpak sandbox using flatpak run com.sublimetext.Sublime produces this error. Any idea what could be going on?

0 Likes

My first guess would have been that there is possibly a different version of GLIB that the sandbox is using instead. However, there is this forum post:

Based on the answer there it sounds sort of like the running copy of sublime doesn’t think it’s the same as the one on the disk, which is entirely suspicious since it’s running in a sandbox. I’m not familiar with Flatpak, so I don’t know where to proceed from there, though.

1 Like