Sublime Forum

Google Drive File Stream on W10

I’m trying to get the Open URL package on a Windows 10 computer to open a file on the Google Drive File Stream. The file’s URL would be:

G:\My Drive…

This comes back with the result:

modify path (G:\My)

I tried:

G:\My%20Drive…

but this comes back with the same result, although with the entire URL for the file.

ST does work on this computer if I have a file in the C Drive, so the package is working. What can I do to make this work?

0 Likes

I am n00b, and don’t know if this will work, but try

G:/My Dive

instead of

G:\My Drive
0 Likes

G:\ is correct for Windows; I use ~/, etc. for Linux.

0 Likes

Windows supports both kinds of path separators for file names. For various things in Sublime (like anything JSON related) it’s often easier to use the alternate style than have to double all of the backslashes up.

To the topic at hand, I don’t use this package myself but the documentation mentions that you can trigger it after manually selecting the URL to open; does that work?

If so then I guess it would mostly be a matter of determining why (or configuring) the automatic detection to get it to find a URL like this directly. Perhaps it only looks for file: and http URL’s by default?

0 Likes

Thanks, that’s handy to know. The stumbling block is the space in the file name; I can get the package to work on other files, but I’m not getting it to work with “My Drive”.

I use Sublime Text to generate text before formatting it in a word processor. I access my text files through master text files that have the file paths set out in lists. This worked when I was using Dropbox, and works on my Linux machines, but my work laptop is W10.

0 Likes