Sublime Forum

Go to anything not working on a project

Hi,

I’m using ST3 and have been for a while.

Go to anything has stopped working for one of my projects, it has worked fine before, but just stopped finding any files, pressing Ctrl + P and then i type a file name that i know exists and it wont show anything.

It works fine on other projects.

I don’t know what has gone wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Juan

0 Likes

Only works when I have files open, and its only finding those open files :confused:

0 Likes

I recall this happening to me and I just rebooted. Have you tried the boring, obvious stuff?

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for replying.

Yeah, trying rebooting, deleting index files, removed Emmet, Sass, Babel and other plugins - still the same

0 Likes

I find it strange its only happening with one project, and not all of them, so its got to be something specific, but I havent changed any settings. :frowning:

0 Likes

Still no luck in fixing this issue. Is there a way of getting support if you’re a licensed user?

0 Likes

The first step is to make sure you don’t have third-party packages affecting the issue:

Next you’d need to provide some more details. Goto File works, as pretty much every Sublime Text user uses it on a daily basis. Does your side bar show any folders? What is the contents of your project file? Are any error listed in the console?

0 Likes

Hi Will

Thanks for your reply.

I’ll look at the revert page, but I didn’t think it would be a third party package because Goto works on other projects.

• Sidebar shows my folders
  • No errors on console

The project file:

{
    "folders":
    [
	    {
		    "path": "."
	    }
    ]
}

Thanks

0 Likes

Backing up and deleting the ST data folder restores the Goto functionality.

Great.

But how do I work out why it doesn’t work on this project but works on all other projects?

Thanks
Juan

0 Likes

I re-setup all my third party plugins and preferences and it working again - still no idea what caused it, but hey, is working again.

Thanks for helping.

Juan

0 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Simple problem, simple solution! We don’t have to configure, remove or setup.
We only add the project folder:
‘Project’/‘Add Folder to Project…’
:slight_smile:

Tamas

0 Likes

@tamaskamaras this is not working for me. I’ve added the folders back to the project and no improvement.

I am using ST3 for some years and I never had this issue, but yesterday sublime crashed by removing the project and forcing me to save all unsaved untitled buffers (sublime session). It is also the first time when this happens.

I am on Windows 10 and I have sublime license. I don’t know what happened but it is annoying because I’m very very used to Ctrl+P, though Ctrl+Alt+P works as an workaround.

0 Likes

Removing and reinstalling Sublime Text 3 does not fix the issue for me. :woozy_face:

0 Likes

Ctrl+R has the same problem, but Ctrl+G works fine.

0 Likes

@ovidiugabriel If you open the side bar (View/Side Bar/Show Side Bar) what do you see under “Folders”?

0 Likes

In the sidebar (under folder) I can see all the folders I added to my project and all subfolders and source files. Everything works as expected in the sidebar. I don’t think the issue is related to the sidebar/project.

My issue occurred first time after I added "binary_file_patterns": ["*.tds"], to Preferences.sublime-settings. As I said the most shocking fact was that Sublime prompted me to save all untitled files on close, which never happened since I am using Sublime Text (more than 5 years). And then the project simply vanished, I was not able to restore it since it was not saved to a project/workspace file.

Usually I am closing Sublime and untitled files are automatically saved in Sublime’s session file.

I also enabled console logging, Ctrl+P combination does not generate any event in the console log.

0 Likes

Hello, I finally found out what was the reason for Ctrl+P and Ctrl+R being suddenly unavailable in Sublime.
It turns that this is the fault of TinyTake, a screen capture tool that has hotkey bindings enabled by default and it is using exactly the same key combinations as Sublime Text, Ctrl+R to Start Recording and Ctrl+P to pause recording.

I disabled HotKeys in TinyTake and now everything works fine again.

1 Like