Sublime Forum

Glitche on screen when switching tabs

When I switch tabs with my keyboard I see glitches on the screen. It looks like the rendering of the new tab is in progress and showing only one piece of it on the original tab.
I have made a screencast of 15sec of it. You will see it when it happens at 0.06

Thanks

0 Likes

Tab-switching display render error in 3114 <bug>

I see the same thing when switching tabs in build 3114. On a Mac Mini, OSX 10.11.4 if that helps.

0 Likes

Yes indeed @heardtheword. I t happens for me in the same build version (3114) on Apple Air, mac os x 10.11.4

0 Likes

Same issue here, Mac OS X 10.11.5 with dev build 3113

Edit: Forgot to mention, experienced on a Macbook Pro 8,2 (The early 2011 Macbook Pro)

0 Likes

Changing the gpu_window_buffer setting to “true” may workaround this issue

2 Likes

Screen refresh delay on tab change

Yup, that seems to have done it, haven’t experienced any graphic artifacts or glitches since flipping “gpu_window_buffer” to “true” (previously, I had it set to “auto”).

Thanks for the help, Jon!

2 Likes

You put that in user preferences? Because I had no preference in there that was named ‘gpu_window_buffer’…
But put that in user preference and indeed no glitch since then. Thanks @jps

0 Likes

I was having this same issue with delays on screen refresh but mainly involving anything relating updating a window from things selected in the quick panel that get pasted into the text. Same as stated on OSX and Sublime 3113 or 3114. Will try the fix and see if I still get these glitches.

0 Likes