Sublime Forum

Git status not shown for repositories which are subdirectories

Unless I’m missing something the git status indication in the sidebar and statusbar as introduced in build 3181 only works when the repository is in the root of the sidebar. Most of my repositories however are under one top directory and that is the one which I have in the sidebar, and the git status isnt shown on any of the subdirectories. Here’s an example, Repo1 resides under TopDir, but only when added directly under Folders it’s shown as a git repository:

It would be great if Sublime would consider nested directories as well.

0 Likes

This is a know limitation of the current (first) implementation of the git integration feature.

Multiple repos at each point in the tree as well as submodule support is (hopefully) still in development.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the info.

0 Likes

This is a pretty big miss for me, I have a bunch of repos sorted by top level folders depending on who I work for (am freelancing), so not being able to see file status in them makes me sadpanda. :frowning:

I hope this comes soon!

0 Likes

We are just at the beginning of the next dev cycle and this was the very first shot for a new feature. Guess we need to be a very little bit patient.

0 Likes

Sure, they say patience is a virtue. :slight_smile:

But the sooner this happens, the better, I would say!

0 Likes

It will most likely be part of the next dev build, but that will likely be after the new year, with the holidays and all.

3 Likes

Happy new year and all the best in 2019!

I’m having my fingers crossed for January :slight_smile:

0 Likes