Sublime Forum

Git plugin - gitk this file usage

I’m using the Git plugin and I want to use the “Gitk this file” feature that was added in this commit (I’ve verified I have that code in my local copy). I’m just not sure how to use it? It’s not listed in the Command Palette menu, it doesn’t have a menu bar menu entry, and I’ve tried setting up a keymap to “git_gitk_this_file” but it does nothing (nothing executed and no errors or messages in the built-in console).

I feel like I’m missing something here. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes

Commands in the command palette are hidden from you if the command that implements them is disabled or doesn’t exist; you can only see commands that you can actually execute right now based on the current context.

As far as I can see, the reason for your problem is that git_gitk_this_file and git_gitk_all are no longer commands that appear anywhere within the package; the only one that remains is git_gitk.

If I had to guess, I would say that those commands were removed from the code base but not from the commands file. It might be worth logging an issue or at least pinging the author to see what the official stance is supposed to be.

0 Likes

Ah, ok. That explains a lot. Thank you and I’ll do that.

0 Likes