Sublime Forum

Git-crypt in Sublime Merge

Hello,

I am using Windows and also Ubuntu via WSL2. Is there a way to use git-crypt in Sublime Merge. If there is no Windows-way I would also be interested in a WSL2-way.

Thanks Philipp

0 Likes

The filters inside .gitattributes should work transparently as long as you’ve configured SM to use a git installation that has git-crypt. You’d need to add custom commands for running git-crypt if you’d like to run them from SM.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I could not find a good windows option for git-crypt. I tried to change the used git exe via the settings to wslgit (https://github.com/andy-5/wslgit) that uses the Linux binary but manages the paths. However, Sublime Merge does not work with it for me. Does it work for anyone?

0 Likes

Ok, I made progress. I installed mysys which contains git and I added git-crypt via

pacman -S git-crypt

In the terminal it works perfectly fine. However, Sublime Merge still shows the decrypted files as changed files. Under Settings I gave it the path to the new git.exe (which shows with git status no changes as expected!). Does somebody know a solution for this problem?

Help/Debug Info shows under === Git Status Information === the correct files but === Our Status Information === contains all the wrong files.

0 Likes

Can you provide the rest of the debug information?

0 Likes

Can you please run git config --show-origin --get filter.git-crypt.clean inside the repository.

0 Likes

It says file:.git/config "/usr/bin/git-crypt" clean.

Sublime also does not load/show my name and mail although it is in the git-config (independently from git-crypt).

0 Likes

Apologies, can you run this one: git config --show-origin --get core.autocrlf.

0 Likes

That’s a great shame. Unfortunately, I cannot invest more time into this program. The functionality of using a custom git does not work for me under Windows which also makes Sublime Text useless to me as I have no visual indication which files have been changed. I have to go for a refund and need to use something like VS Code for now.

0 Likes