Sublime Forum

Gislacks : Submitting files to Gist and Slack

I would like to introduce a plugin of Sublime Text 3 for submitting files to both Gist and Slack.

GitHub: https://github.com/tanaikech/gislacks

Description

I like to use Sublime Text for developing scripts. And when I discuss about developing scripts, I often use Slack. When I submitted a script to Slack, I had saved the script to Gist as a backup. I had done manually this on my browser. Namely, I wanted to be saving the revision of script while I’m discussing about the script at Slack. One day, I wished this process had been able to be automatically run. So I created this plugin and gislack of a CLI tool.

I had created and used them by only myself, Recently, I thought that this might be useful for other developers. So I published this. If you felt this is useful, I’m glad.

Features

1. Submits files to both Gist and Slack, simultaneously.
  2. Submits, gets and updates files for Gist.
  3. Submits, gets files for Slack.
  4. Retrieves access token from client ID and client secret for Gist and Slack.

Demo

This is a demonstration for submitting a GAS written by CoffeeScript to both Gist and Slack using Sublime Text. You can confirm that the revision of script uploaded to gist increases.

1 Like

It looks like this depends on a gislack executable written in go. Are you sure you can’t just write it all in Python?

If so, consider taking ownership of this Slack plugin and improve it. :thumbsup: Also, I think making the gist functionality optional would be good.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments.
Yes. This is used an execution file made of Go. I apologize for not being to fulfill your request. I have never known about the rule that Sublime plugin shouldn’t use executable file. Should I delete this?

0 Likes

No! It’s fine! :slight_smile: My suggestion is that it is a burden for the user to install and compile a go executable. My feeling is that all functionality is implementable in Python, too.

0 Likes

Oh! Thank you. I had misunderstood. I’m sorry.
The execution file has already been compiled using the cross compile. So linux, mac and windows users can use it by downloading. Of course, users can also compile by themselves.

And also I think that it is possible to make this using only python. About this, I would like to consider it as a future issue. Thank you for your advice.

1 Like