Sublime Forum

Getting permission denied publickey errors when pushing to origin

Hello! I can’t push to github. My keys are loaded in Pageant and the same local repo works in GitKraken by pushing to origin but not working in Sublime Merge. Not really sure what to do here. Any ideas?

This is a Windows 10 machine.

Btw it works on my Mac OS laptop but thats a different system.

Cheerse

0 Likes

Does it work with the command line? I can remember a recent discussion about this topic in this forum. GitKraken comes with its own putty installation, which is not exposed to the OS in a proper way. Therefore SM can’t make use of that local installation. What you need is to define GIT_SSH to the path of the putty installation, if I recall correctly.

Here is the original thread: Permission denied, could not read from remote repository

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for that. I can now get it working for Bitbucket repos but for GitHub repos, its just stuck in , for example, cloning a repo. No error message. It just says connection under clone repository dialog box. Any ideas? And the public key is in my GitHub account, just checked and it is loaded in Pageant also.

Cheers

0 Likes

Any help here pls? I can push to BitBucket but not to GitHub via Putty which I do find strange…? I double checked the keys etc.

0 Likes

Honestly never used ssh to use git. Always used https for GitHub. Sorry, but can’t help you out.

0 Likes