Sublime Forum

Function list in the sidebar

how about adding a quick select function list in the side bar

seems like that’d be easy to do. or at least an API interface to add other items to the sidebar

0 Likes

Function (and class) list on the bottom bar

Seconded. Just to show there’s more desire out there for this kind of functionality. I’ve only been using Sublime for a couple days now, but I’ve found it refreshingly polished compared to some of the other tools on Windows.

0 Likes

For what it’s worth, Ctrl+R will present you with a list of functions in the current file.

EDIT: But it won’t work for all languages out of the box.

0 Likes

oh that is nice… has that always worked properly?

anyway, it works for my javascript files. My C# files… no such luck. Is there a way to configure this?

thanks very much.

Still would like the function list in the side bar… there’s plenty of extra room at the bottom for it and would be really handy.

0 Likes

You use .tmLanguage files to specify scopes to extract function names from, and how to format them.

Here’s one for Python (from Packages\Python):

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

name Symbol List scope source.python meta.function.python, source.python meta.class.python settings showInSymbolList 1 symbolTransformation s/class\s+([A-Za-z_][A-Za-z0-9_]*.+?\)?)(\:|$)/$1/g; s/def\s+([A-Za-z_][A-Za-z0-9_]*\()(?:(.{0,40}?\))|((.{40}).+?\)))(\:)/$1(?2:$2)(?3:$4…\))/g; uuid 005BE156-8D74-4036-AF38-283708645115 [/code]
0 Likes

thanks!

edit: this is anything but easy trying to decipher all this xml… nobody’s done a little app yet to edit these configuration files?

0 Likes