Sublime Forum

Freezing problem on Mac OSX Catalina (10.15.4)

Hi everyone, I’m having Sublime Text 3 (3.2.2 build 3211) freezing problems in my MacBook Pro running Mac OSX 10.15.4 Catalina without any obvious reason, cursor changes to loading, and ST3 is freezing for periods close to a minute or less :frowning_face:, some days ST3 works fine for hours and others OSX alert me that ST3 is not working properly, not responding for moments.

I uninstalled any additional packages like syntax highlighters, emmet, etc, this not worked, I reinstalled ST3 from scratch and problem still here. Anybody with the same problem?

I will appreciate any help, thanks a lot for any possible solution on this case :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

Simply uninstalling packages and reinstalling ST doesn’t give you a clean install. Could you try reverting to a freshly installed state?

0 Likes

Thanks, bschaaf for your fast answer.

I reverted ST to a freshly installed state following the link you provide to me, and I didn´t add any additional package or snippet, but unfortunately, the problem remains :frowning:

0 Likes

Are you perhaps using a network drive of any sort? You can also try "gpu_window_buffer": false to avoid any gpu related issues.

0 Likes

Hi bschaaf, I followed your recommendations set “gpu_window_buffer”: false but the problem remains. Mac OSX makes some updates recently, but this problem is present in my ST in past versions too. Any idea?

0 Likes

I’m having exactly the same issue. Constant freezing for a few seconds up to a minute or so. It’s become so invasive that I’m going to need to fix or replace sublime.

1 Like

The same is happening for me. I’m running Mac OSX Catalina (10.15.5). I’ve had to force quit Sublime many times now and it appears to be getting worse over time.

0 Likes

Have you tried reverting to a freshly installed state?

0 Likes

I have been having this issue for a few week now but Today I noticed the following:
I use ST3 (build 3211) alogside jetbrains Rider. This morrning I tried to open a file with ST3 that I had already open with Rider and ST immediataly froze. I tried to reproduce that but I couldn’t. I’m running Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.7

0 Likes

Are you trying to open files that are located on a network share or any other sort of remote directory?

0 Likes

No. Local files in my hard drive.

0 Likes

Are you able to read the file from the command line while Rider has it open?

0 Likes

Same issue. It’s really annoying.

For me it happen when ever I use arrow keys to navigate the code.

0 Likes

Have you tried reverting to a freshly installed state?

0 Likes