Sublime Forum

Folder tree not automatically updating

Ever since I upgraded to mountain lion the folder tree is not updating. When I add a file, its not there, when I switch git branches, the files don’t update. Is there some setting that I should look for? Or is this a known issue? Thanks.

0 Likes

I’m having this same issue after Mountain Lion upgrade but noticed that it only happens when the project is located inside my Dropbox folder. Is your project also inside a Dropbox folder?

0 Likes

Same problem here. My project is linked to Dropbox through a symlink so I guess you can say it’s “inside Dropbox”.
Closing Dropbox and/or removing the symlink + restarting SublimeText doesn’t help.
Creating a fresh project outside of Dropbox works.
Any workaround for this so far ? I can’t even seem to be able to manually refresh : /

0 Likes

Found similar issues/responses within the forum. Installing “SidebarEnhancements” plugin did the job for me (so far so good).

0 Likes

I also have this problem. Not even anything to do with DropBox. Just a simple manual additional of a file (say though a Rails migration creation) doesn’t appear. I hope this gets fixed soon.

I think I already have SidebarEnchancements (b/c it doesn’t show up in my package install list).

0 Likes

Same here. I just realized it was a dropbox/sublime conflict when I started working on a project outside of dropbox that worked.

I’m going to try the SidebarEnhancements plugin, but think there needs to be a real fix here…

0 Likes

Still having the same problem. I had to delete sublime text all together and reinstall it… was a lot of fun

0 Likes

Strange - but i recently started having the same issue. My client files are stored in a Dropbox folder and they don’t refresh automatically. I’ve tested outside of dropbox and they work fine. SidebarEnhancements or not, still doesn’t work. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

0 Likes

SidebarEnhancements triggers refresh when actually using it. If you update the tree outside sublime, SidebarEnhancements does nothing. If you confirm the tree is refreshed when creating a folder or file, may I can add a refresh interval ( default to off ), which you can turn on and send “refresh tree” every X time.

0 Likes

I’m not able to get auto-refresh w/ or w/out sidebarEnhancements - but it should work either way. My version of it was working, but stopped recently and for reasons i’m unsure of. My folders and files have always been inside of dropbox.

0 Likes

I’m seeing the same problem. System is MacOS 10.8.3. Workaround is to close and reopen the project, which is clunky.

Files are stored in a separate directory area symlinked from below my ~ directory, but on the same disk drive. (I note Spotlight doesn’t see changes in this area - could this be related?)

0 Likes

My quickest workaround. Add a custom key binding (Preferences => Key Bindings):

[
 { "keys": ["ctrl+shift+f5"], "command":"refresh_folder_list" }
]
0 Likes