Sublime Forum

Folder/files indexing progress bar

I know that right after opening project sublime index all the file. Is it possible to show this somehow.

The thing is that I can’t open some folders right after load (I have a very large project), but after some undefined time(which is inconvenient) they can be opened.

Thanks!

0 Likes

It’s 2 years later. I’m using ST3. I sometimes see a progress bar (counter), but not always and sometimes when it does it counts up and then restarts or goes from 55% back to 21% etc.

Just me?

Does the counter only show when it detects over 1000 files or something? And update the total while counting?

0 Likes

Please make this happen. I have a very large project as well and knowing when i’m able to ctrl+p for a file would be great. Right now it’s an unknown period of time so I have to keep trying it before it finally recognizes the name i’m typing. Just need a simple progress bar or some kind of status notification that the index process has finished.

EDIT: Also, this should probably be categorized as ‘feature request’ instead of ‘technical support’ unless there is already a way of seeing when the indexing process is complete. I don’t currently see anything on the status bar showing this information though.

0 Likes

The status bar shows Indexing 50% while indexer is busy and you can call Main Menu > Help > Indexing Status... to see more details. What else do you need?

If the counter in the status bar restarts, it just means some syntax definition to have been changed which causes the indexer to restart as an updated syntax might mean new rules to identify symbols.

0 Likes

Fantastic, didn’t realize this feature was here. The percentage on the status bar only shows a number for me, “23%” for example, with no label on it. Likely why I missed it. Thanks for letting me know about the status window shortcut in the help menu.

0 Likes