Sublime Forum

Flaky Word Wrap Behavior on File Open

Log files are generally easier to read when Word Wrap is unchecked, but many other file types are best read with Word Wrap enabled by default. I’ve been experiencing an issue for a long time where the log files I download and open with Sublime Text 3 has been failing to allow me to uncheck the Word Wrap under Edit unless I restart Sublime Text 3 and try to repeat the uncheck of Word Wrap at which time it then behaves as expected. Is this a bug or should I try a different setting that doesn’t run into this issue?

This problem has been happening for some time now and its not only happening on one computer so its not an isolated incident.

0 Likes

Have you tried reverting to a freshly installed state? (https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html or using a portable build)

It would also be helpful to know which OS/version you’re using.

0 Likes

The behavior was recreated on a fresh install of Version 3 on a new computer. I’m using Windows 10 64 bit unfortunately. I don’t have a Linux system to confirm this on another platform.

0 Likes

I’m going to try this setting
"word_wrap": "false"
as I prefer it by default anyway. Still annoyed that word wrap can’t be controlled easily unless I restart the app.

0 Likes