Sublime Forum

Fine-tuning centered position in Distraction Free Mode

In Distraction Free Mode is there any way to fine-tune the centered position of the current file? Obviously draw_centered is already set to true.

I would like to be able to shift the position of files a little left or right depending on the max line length of the currently edited file.

0 Likes

If word_wrap is turned off, the view should automatically shift things over to the left based on the length of the longest line that’s currently in the file.

If word_wrap is turned on, the wrap_width setting controls how big the longest line can be, so bumping that value up will shift things to the left of center on the screen to accommodate a line of the appropriate length.

2 Likes

Thanks OdatNurd.

So it does. I can subtly shift the text block to the left by changing the word wrap width from 80 to 85 to 90 and so on, with a trial and error approach.

Should I take it that there’s no way to shift right? --Assuming I don’t want a shorter word wrap width than 80. Is there nothing that could be done with a plugin or theme that would allow accurate positioning left and right?

0 Likes

As far as I’m aware I don’t think that sort of layout change is possible. It seems like with centered drawing turned on the only powers you have are to specify how wide the view can be and then that’s the part that’s centered in the window.

1 Like

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

0 Likes