Sublime Forum

Finding the cursor

Often it’s difficult for me to find where the cursor is during various operations. I’ve turned on line highlighting and wide_caret, and changed the HighlightLine color, which helps. But I’ve noticed a couple things.

During finds (both incremental and find/replace), line highlighting is not active. Is there a way to turn it on?
Also during find & replace, when I hit replace, it moves to the next instance, but it doesn’t highlight it, like it does when you do the initial find. Is there a way to turn that on?

Thanks,
Mark

0 Likes

Afaik you can not turn on line highlighting for selections, but maybe (ST3) FindCursor can help you.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I think I’ve got things figured out. I was using the Sunburst theme, and the version of it that I have was missing a couple definitions, and I changed a color or two as well. For anyone else, the highlight colors used during Find/Replace (and Cmd-D and Cmd-I) involve the following keys in the theme:

selection
selectionForeground
inactiveSelection
findHighlight
findHighlightForeground

Anyways, hope it helps someone else. I still haven’t figured out how to keep the line highlight on during Find/Replace.

Mark

0 Likes