Sublime Forum

Find Results window high CPU usage on Mac

The most recent Sublime version (3.1.1, build 3176) for Mac (Sierra 10.12.6) seems to have high CPU usage if the ‘Find Results’ window has the focus. Everything is slow (including selecting text, moving the cursor, selecting menu items, cmd+tab to other apps).

Activity Monitor shows Sublime Text’s CPU usage jump from single digit (when viewing a regular source file) to 90% or higher (when viewing or interacting with Find Results). This drops back to single digit after about 15 seconds of inactivity but as soon as you interact with Find Results, e.g. double-click or select text, CPU usage ramps immediately to 90% or higher.

0 Likes

have you tried renaming your data folder or profiling the plugins to see if it makes a difference?

0 Likes

Thanks. Reverting to originally installed state corrects this so I will see if I can work out which plugin is the culprit.

0 Likes

The problem does not appear to be caused by a plug-in. It appears to be native Sublime “word_wrap”: false in combination with a very large webpacked map file (11MB). When I configure “word_wrap”: “auto”, the performance is normal.

Adding the webpack build output folder to folder_exclude_patterns resolves this for me.

0 Likes

related:

0 Likes