I also find this annoying and frustrating.
I was able to get the “workspace” solution suggested by @kingkeith to work. Here's what I had to do:
- Open my folder:
- Project > New workspace for project
- Save as
- Do a find-all with a where pattern, and actually run the search
- Close Sublime
- View the .sublime-workspace file, and you can see the pattern under
- Open the workspace explicitly:
- Do a find-all, see that the where pattern is now there.
It didn't work until I actually ran a search, and it doesn't work if I just open the directory with
subl ., I have to explicitly open the workspace file.
This is annoying and I wish it had the old behavior